Doug Bermel while confined to a wheelchair has tirelessly for the sport of bowhunting and other disabled hunters. His Bowhunting experience encompasses 28 years and still counting. He has hunted many US states including Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, North Dakota and Iowa, 2 trips Africa as well as Canada. His experience is incredible:
- USA Paralympic Pistol Shooter – Participated in 2 World Championships in Switzerland and Korea
- TIP (Turn in Poachers) – Board Member the past 10 years.
- MDHA (Minnesota Deer Hunters Assoc) – Past President West Suburban Chapter
- Archery Trade Association – Former Shooting Coordinator for Disabled Archers
- Minnesota Broken Wing Connection – Co – Founder and former President (hunting for the disabled)
- NRA Beeman Championship – Champion for 2001
- Courage Center – Volunteer
- National Archery in School Program – Volunteer
Doug is also a member of:
- Member of Safari Club International
- Member of Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
- Member of United Foundation for Disabled Hunters
- Member of Corcoran, Minnesota Lions Club for 29 years
- Member of Capable Partners Assoc.
- Member of Minnesota Bowhunters Assoc.
- Member of Minnesota Deer Hunters Assoc.
- Member of Minnesota Waterfowlers Assoc.
He currently resides in Princeton, MN with his wife of 35 years, Diane, the proud parents of 3 children.
Click Here for Past Articles
For Older Articles: Click Here